Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog Assignment #4

First Graders Create their own Read Along Adiobook
When I read 1st Graders Create their own Adiobook, I thought it was a great idea. I love this idea because it gets the children excited about reading. I also liked the fact that the children were so enthusiastic about the assignment that they wanted to re-record their part if their voices did not sound how they wanted them too. Not only is this a creative way to get kids reading, but it also is a good way to improve their listening skills as well. The kids have to read their part, and because they want it to sound good, they will re-read the story. It improves their listening skills because they have to follow along and read the script as the podcast is playing. I also liked that they added dinosaur sounds and other sound effects. I thought the added sound effect at the beginning of a new chapter was a great idea for children who might have lost their place when following along.

dinosaur


Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
This article is very informative. I really like the list of podcast ideas that Ms. Scharf listed. I watched the video, How to Create a Podcast, and it taught me a lot of things. Before watching this video, I honestly had no idea how to make a podcast. This video shows every step of making a podcast, even how to download the software. I will definitely be referring back to this video in the future when I make my podcast. 
ipd with podcast symbol

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom was a very interesting video. I really enjoyed seeing how the   sixth grade teacher incorporated podcasting into his classroom. I thought it was a creative idea to have other teachers help him read the story in character. I think listening to story that has sound effects and people playing the characters will keep the children's attention more than just reading straight from the book. I also liked the part that showed the 3 kids creating their own podcast, they came up with a creative way to explain the different regions in the United States. After watching this video, I believe podcasting can be an important teaching tool to use in the classroom.






4 comments:

  1. Are you ready to podcast? It won't be long. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen!

    I think you explained your view of "First Graders Create their own Read Along Audiobook," rather well. I agree that this type if teaching is exciting for kids. The reason that this is so important is because children carry a short attention span. So the more fun and creative the idea, the longer we can keep there attention. I could see nothing better than to keep childrens attention and to have them learn at the same time, sorta fun learning.

    I noticed just a couple grammatical errors, so just be sure to proofread before you post. But overall, this was a great evaluation and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do a great job explaining each article. I really like the article "First Graders Create Their Own Audiobook." I agree with you that this improves their reading as well as listening skills. This article showed me that this is something that the younger students can enjoy. I look forward to using podcasting in my future classroom. I did notice one thing that needs to be edited. It was probably a typo. You need a u in Audiobook in the title. Keep up the good work.

      Delete