Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary #3:April

pink shirt day sign


a pink shirt
C4K #8- I commented on Emma's blog again. Emma is a seventh grader from Canada. This week, I commented on her post entitled "What is Pink Shirt Day?". In her post, Emma explains that Pink Shirt Day is an anti-bullying day when everyone wears a pink shirt. The reason Pink Shirt Day was started is because of a boy who got bullied in Nova Scotia for wearing a pink shirt to school. The boy who was bullied used social media networks to reach out to other students. He asked the other students at his school to wear pink shirts. One day everyone, except the bullies, came to school wearing pink shirts.
In my comment, I said that I like the idea of Pink Shirt Day. I also said that people should be able to be who they are or wear want they want with out being bullied. I also asked her when Pink Shirt Day is so I can participate in it. I have not gotten a response yet.


i love blogging signC4K #9- This week, I posted on Emma's blog again. She had not made a new post, so I commented on one of her older posts. I commented on her post entitled "Welcome to my Blog". In this post, Emma talks about how excited she is to start blogging. She also says that blogging has helped her grammar and spelling. She asked if anyone who has a blog has noticed an improvement in their writing skills.
In my comment, I said that I was excited when I first started blogging as well. I also told her that I am fairly new to blogging and I still had a lot to learn. I said that I have learned how to add pictures and videos to my blog and it makes it more interesting. I also said that blogging has helped with my writing skills. In closing, I told her she was doing a great job and I could not wait to read more of her posts.
new zealand beach

C4K #10- This week I commented on a video post that was posted on the blog "Little Voices, Little Scholars". The video post was made by an elementary student named Serenity. In her video, Serenity talks about what she did over the weekend. She said the went to the beach and then went to the park.
In my comment, I said that it sounded like she did have a wonderful weekend. I said that I like going to the beach and getting in the water. She also drew a picture of herself at the beach and Ia told her she did a good job drawing the picture. I also told her to keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment