Sunday, March 11, 2012

C4T Post #2

social media bandwagon
David Wees 
David Wees' blog is called 21st Century Educator. The blog post I commented on was entitled "What is the Purpose of Social Media?". In his blog post, David discusses different social media websites, such as Twitter, and their use in the classroom. He goes on to say that the #edchat channel has been overtaken by advertisements and off topic links. He refers to this clutter as "noise" on the internet. David continues by saying computers are a very powerful tool in the classroom. However, he believes people should use social media networks for their intended purpose and not as a source for advertisement.
In my comment, I said that I agree that the links and advertisements on the internet have gotten out of control. I also agreed that computers can be powerful tools; however, I also believe that students often get too distracted by social media networks. I also agreed that people should use the social media networks for their intended purposes and do their best to cut back on making too much "noise" on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment